Monday, September 10, 2007

Family

Everyone needs to have a family. It is the supporting pillar in everyone's life. It consists of mummy,papa, brothers, sisters, grandparents, uncles, aunties and cousins, but what I am talking about is of a joint family. Now-a-days, nuclear family has taken the place of a joint family and it is growing day by day.

What does a family mean? Is being together, or living together under one roof is family?NO. A family is tied together with the bond of emotion, respect, love and affection. If one is not living together still one care for our loving ones, then this is the family.
Sometimes we might come across that people are living together, still they seldom talk each other, though they are family members(so called). They are family to outside world but for themselves they are strangers.This is not the family in real sense.

I think what makes a family happy, is how strong our relationship is, with members of our family. If relationship is very strong everything is fine, otherwise it will collapse someday.
By that strong relationship I mean to say, that how much do one talk to our family, how much do we share our feelings and how much we listen to them patiently.

If I talk about my family my parents are at Patna, me and my brother are residing at hostel away from home, though we are not living together but still we are family. We care for each other, we often talk and share our feelings.This mobile technology has really helped us in being together.

Now a question arises, why do we need to have a family? This question reminds me of a proverb "man is a social animal". We are living in a civilized socity, and sometimes we need a support in the time of crisis. That time we essentially need our family. It is the family which does not let us feel down, and encourage.

So, ultimately I can say like, air, water and food, family is essensial for the survival of human being. So respect your family members and take care of them.
Bye.

1 comment:

Abhijit Kumar said...

By reading your blog I am being forced to remember my papa, mummy and brother.
Thanks Anjali.......