Friday, September 21, 2007

Orkut

Orkut is the word to which everyone(specially youngesters) is familiar with.It is not just a word, its a site which allows us to create our own profile and facilitates us to add new friends. It is the way to be connected with our friends and family.

Though we have e-mails, mobile etc. but orkut has its own place.orkut is an Internet social network service run by Google. It is designed to help users meet new friends and maintain existing relationships. Similar to Friendster, orkut goes a step further by permitting communities of users. It is also invitation-only: Users must be invited to join the community by someone already there.

The things which I like the most about orkut is that besides interacting with our friends one can see their photographs,know their likes, dislikes and can check their profile time to time. No matter how far they are from us, when we log on to orkut, distance does not matter we can see them, chat them and interact them.

It works like a post box where our mails are stored and we read it, the only difference is that our scrap book is open and anyone can read it.

One can invite our friends to grow our friend network. But sometimes it irritates when some unknown to you sends friend request and send scraps.

Earlier on receiving such request I wait for few days, if that person is really a genuine person and friend to me, he/she asks me otherwise I ask them about their identity, if that is known to me then I add them to my friend list. Sometimes it happens to me that on asking about their identity, they react in a different manner, probably they might think that I am triying to act smart or I am a proud person. But it really bothers me that how can I add a person whome I never interacted and whome I do not know.

But anyways every one has their own mindset and standards. But in contrast to this now there are few persons in my orkut friend list whome I seldom interacted. Probably this is the latest trend, with which I am not aware of earlier.

Besides all these demerits I like my presence on orkut and I am enjoying it.

No comments: