Thursday, October 4, 2007

Group Discussion at T-COM Part I

Group discussion is an important part of any recruitment in s/w indusrty and also for our T-COM evaluation. It is required not only in software industry but also in other industries. SSB conducted by army, air force etc. also include group discussions as an important selection criteria.

We had a group discussion last week. Before that I never participated in any G.D. Though I have participated in several debates and extra-curricular activities in my school days, but with prior preperations and practice.

Madam distributed the topics on the spot, to eight different groups. Mine was second group and topic was "doing away from one-day cricket". That means our group had to discuss either in favour of 20-20 cricket or in favour of one-day cricket. This topic is considered to be from male dominated field(but now-a- days females have also involved themselves to this).But I myself do not like watching cricket. So, I have little knowledge of it. My brother loves cricket. So, he often tells me about techniques and rules of cricket now and then.
Based on his details,(which I could remember there) I listed some points.

I was nervous, because my previous presentation was a disaster for me. I was not able to present it properly, because of lack of practice. And because of nervousness and lack of practice I could not perform well that day.

Anyways, I thought, "I have to do it". I was the only girl in my group, and the topic was not all of my concern, so I decided to speak whatever I know with my past experience and rest is up to the god.

First group did well. The discussion went on for almost ten minutes.Madam was ready with her comments and suggestions, which we had to follow. We listened all those suggestions and tried to implement it.

Now, it was our turn. I did not have much to say, but I was ready with few points. I decided not to begin the discussion, first I have to listen others and then speak.

So what happened there I will tell you in my next blog, till then..................
Bye.

No comments: